Community Development Services
- Guiding and regulating community growth and development in a manner that protects environmental resources;
- Enhancing quality of life;
- Promoting distinctive neighborhoods and a healthy downtown;
- Involving citizens in the decisions that affect them;
- Community planning;
- Development regulations;
- Construction regulation;
- Parks and recreation management. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
CITY POLICY- Effective 6/8/2020
Re: Authorized Construction in Phase 2
On Friday, June 5, 2020, the State approved Whatcom County’s Phase Two application for re-opening the economy. Re-opening in Phase 2 includes additional allowances for construction activity as described in the Governor’s Construction Working Group Recommendations memo, updated on June 2, 2020.
All construction, including new work, is now allowed. This allowance is qualified by the State’s direction for all construction sites to adhere to health and safety points described in the June 2 memo. City inspectors are authorized to deny inspections if they observe non-compliance with any portion of the health and safety points described the State. Payment of a re-inspection fee will be required prior to scheduling a new inspection.
The following procedural changes are in effect as of March 24, 2020:
In response to Governor Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy order, Blaine Community Development Services is continuing to provide essential functions. Staff will remain available via phone and email to answer questions and receive application materials. Please read the Notice to Our Customers for more information.