First review deadline: Friday, October 4, 2019, at 4:30pm; Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $8,935 per month plus excellent benefits.
This position organizes, directs, schedules and/or performs work in the operation and maintenance of the city’s electric utility. Participates in the development of policy and strategy for the electric utility and has broad decision-making latitude which directly impacts employee safety and motivation, and the City’s legal liability and public safety. The EUOF is accountable for the continuous operation, maintenance and safety of the electrical power distribution system which includes the expansion, modification, troubleshooting and repair of the City’s power supply, distribution and street lighting system. In addition, this position is responsible for planning, estimating and ordering materials and equipment necessary to carry out this work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Due to call out requirement, must live a short distance (within 20 minutes) from Blaine.
- Knowledge of the field of assignment and physical ability sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by example in the above job description.
- Experience with field crew supervision including goal setting, conflict resolution, and performance evaluation.
- Requires working knowledge of basic office computer software, communication systems, operating procedures, incident reports, and work plans.
- Full-scope knowledge of assigned construction and maintenance equipment; operating and repair procedures and methods.
- Working knowledge of safety hazards and proper safety procedures and cognizance of public safety matters.
- Ability to determine when work plan changes require approval of the PW Director prior to execution.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing; in clear, concise language appropriate for the purpose and parties addressed. Use tact, discretion and courtesy to gain the cooperation of and establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, consultants, vendors, co-workers, other departments, and diverse members of the public.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory or lead experience and a minimum of five (5) years experience as a Journeyman Lineman following three (3) years experience as an Apprentice Lineman.
- Possesses valid State of Washington Journeyman Electrical Lineman Certificate.
- Possess a valid State of Washington Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and appropriate insurance at the time of hire for work-related travel and operation of city vehicle. Driving record free of any significant moving violations.
- State of Washington Flagger’s Certificate.
- First Aid and/or CPR certification required.
- Desirable – Valid State of Washington Journeyman Electrician License.
- Pass appropriate background checks.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the position. Please submit the following documents to the attention of Samuel Crawford, 435 Martin Street, Suite 3000, Blaine, WA 98230:
The first review deadline is 4:30 pm on Friday, October 4, 2019; open until filled.
The City of Blaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.