Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Complete a records request form and submit it to the Administrative Services office.
Office Hours are Monday Through Friday (not including holidays)
City Hall - 435 Martin Street, Ste 3000 (City Manager, City Clerk, Court, Finance, Utility Billing, Tourism, IT, Planning): 8:30am - 4:30pm. Please note that the cashier window is closed daily from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
Police Department - 322 H St.: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Public Works - 1200 Yew Ave.: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Monday, January 1, New Year's Day
Monday, January 21, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, February 18, President's Day
Monday, May 27, Memorial Day
Thursday, July 4, Independence Day
Monday, September 2, Labor Day
Monday, November 11, Veterans' Day
Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29, Thanksgiving
Wednesday, December 25, Christmas
Information on Regular City Council meeting dates and times is located on the City Council Meeting Dates page: https://www.ci.blaine.wa.us/451/Blaine-Council-Meeting-Dates-for-2019
The form is located on the Facility Rental page on our website.
To find your court date please visit Washington Courts.
Please see attached file./DocumentCenter/View/14073
Contact the Whatcom County Jail at (360) 778-6500, or go online to Whatcom County Jail at http://apps2.whatcomcounty.us/onlineapps/jailrosters/roster/roster.jsp
Contact Department of Licensing at (360) 902-3900 or go online to Washington State Department of Licensing at https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/dsdreinstatements/ for more information.
All requests for public records are responded to within five business days. Requests for copies of police reports can be made via phone, fax, mail, email or in person at the Blaine Police Department.
City of Blaine Police Department
322 H Street, Blaine, WA 98230
U.S. Border Crossing Requirements changed effective June 1, 2009. For information and details about the new requirements visit this facts page about the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Washington State issues enhanced driver licenses to qualifying state residents. For more information on the new driver license visit the State Department of Licensing, or call (800) 520-4365. For detailed information on crossing requirements, visit Customs and Border Protection.
Yes. The department will conduct periodic security checks of a vacant home at the request of the owner or resident. To make a request please fill out the residential security check form and deliver it to the police department by email, fax or in person. Please provide as much information as possible to help the officers better protect your home.
Normally vehicles may park on a city street for up to 24 hours. They are subject to citation and towing after 72 hours. The Public Safety Department handles abandoned vehicles on public right of way. Please call the Department at (360) 332-6769 during office hours, or click on 'Report a Concern' on the left in this page to report a vehicle that has been abandoned on public property or city streets. You will need to provide the location, vehicle description including license plate, and your contact information. You may also file the same information by emailing the Police Department. An officer will act on your complaint and may contact you if added information is needed or if you request contact. Officers will check the vehicle and attempt to locate the owner. The vehicle may be cited if abandoned on a city street: it will be towed if not removed. It is the homeowner's responsibility to take care of vehicles on their property; a tow company can assist you with removing an unwanted vehicle and there are normally fees for this service. An officer may inspect a vehicle on your private property and if appropriate will issue a 'hulk slip' for vehicles meeting certain criteria. If a vehicle has been left on your property without your permission, please call the Police Department for assistance.
The City and police department do not set fines for speeding and traffic violations. The base penalty for each violation is set by the Washington State Supreme Court (RCW 46.63.110 ). The state legislature then adds statutory assessments to these base penalties. The Monetary Penalty Schedule for Infractions (effective July 1, 2007) can be viewed from the Washington Courts website. The City retains only 57% of the base penalty amount from speeding fines and other violations. These funds go to the General Fund of the City, not to the police department or court. The remaining 43% are remitted to the State's Public Safety Education Account (PSEA). These funds are used to promote traffic safety education, highway safety, criminal justice training, crime victims’ compensation, judicial education, the judicial information system, civil representation of indigent persons, winter recreation parking, drug court operations, and state game programs.